Sunday, January 20, 2013

OWH Sketch #156

Hi everyone,

Can you believe 2 posts in one day?! It's shocking, I know!

This week's OWH sketch really has a strong focal point. The rectangle I cut from a scrapbook-page-sized Bo Bunny circular die cut seemed a perfect fit for the sketch's large rectangular element.

Paper: Bo Bunny Liberty, Bazzill Admiral and Watermelon
Sentiment stamped in Stampin' Up! Night of Navy
embellishments: metallic brads; tool: crimper

For this Any Hero card, I rotated the sketch 90 degrees clockwise, extended the smaller rectangle, and added a sentiment in the bottom right. The result is a CAS All-American card just right for a no-frill
All- American hero.  :)  And, hubby actually sees the sketch in the card on this one!

Parting Thoughts

I  think the simplicity of the sketch will make it a versatile one to use for a variety of cards. Hoping to make a couple more cards, including a Midweek Throwdown card, from this sketch later on this week.

Still on track with my resolutions to leave comments for fellow OWHers and to clean up my space after each card-making session. :)  And, from the activity at the gym, folks are sticking with their exercise resolutions. Hope your resolutions are going well.

Have a great week. Thanks for stopping by and happy scrappin'!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

It turned out great and you rotated the sketch. Awesome job on keeping up with your resolutions!

StampTramps said...

Great job on flipping the sketch, it's perfect for the focal point that you chose. Congrats on your resolutions too!

www.hokiecoyote.com said...

The paper worked perfectly for this sketch. I love how you rotated it.

Erika said...

I like the sketch on its side because it highlights your image so well. You're doing good on your resolutions!

Jen M said...

I think it's great! I love the small banner you added and I think flipping the sketch really worked well on this card!

Linda said...

I really love how you flipped the sketch...I need to try it that way...you have inspired me! thanks!!!

Cissy said...

I love your take on the sketch. I think I'll try turning it that way as well for a future card.

Diane said...

I like the sketch turned- gives it a very different look! Love your paper! I am impressed with your cleaning after each card....i try, I really do! lol

BobbisTreasure said...

I so love how you turned the sketch!!! Let me know when the next cardmaking party is scheduled!!!!

Marlene Diefendorf said...

Fantastic patriotic card Sybrina. Love the way you flipped the sketch and then added the sentiment to the bottom. Thanks for playing!

Donna Nuce said...

I love that banner and how you flipped the sketch. I thought it was much easier to flip it too!