Sunday, January 13, 2013

OWH Sketch #155

Hi everyone,

Hope it's been a nice weekend.

I had a chance to make a couple of cards this afternoon inspired by this week's OWH sketch.  So, I have two cards to share.

In each case, I had to use a different-sized oval different than the sketch oval. After cutting out the oval, I decided on the oval's focal point image. After that, I made changes to the sketch based upon the embellishments that accentuated each focal point.

Each card was also inspired by the Midweek Throwdown challenge to create a sentiment-free card. Since the cards are sentiment-free, I chose to move down the sticker/stars and ribbon embellishments.

Card 1: An Any Hero Card

Cardstock: AC, Bazzill Admiral and Watermelon
Bo Bunny Liberty rub-on transfer and sticker; Mark Richards crystal stickers
Punches: Martha Stewart punch all over the page, The Paper Studio, circle punch

Think I will also post this one at CAS-ual Fridays. This week's challenge is to make a card that has a circle.

Card 2: A Card for a Hero to Send to a Loved One

Paper: My Mind's Eye Moments, Distress Ink Core Paper inked in Stampin' Up! Bordering Blue
Technique: fancy cutting; Embellishments: Mark Richards crystal stickers, tulle


Parting Thoughts

Still working on my resolutions -- including leaving comments for fellow card-makers!


An interesting thing happened this week that reminded me of when I first joined a gym years ago. The first week I joined the gym, I won a free T-shirt. That may not sound like a lot, but I don't typically win much. And, I took it as a sign that I was really supposed to continue working out.

Well, this week I learned I won some blog candy -- from a blog where I had left a comment during the Top Ten of 2012 blog hop. This was my first blog candy win -- and I am taking it as a sign that I really am supposed to continue leaving comments. :)


Hope everyone has a great week!  Thanks for stopping. Happy scrappin'!

11 comments:

Kathryn said...

What a fun patriotic card. The rick rack trim and star make me think of fireworks. :)

Joan K said...

I love that you find signs to inspire you! {Nice cards too!}

Desert Rose Stamper said...

Sabrina -- Both very nice cards. I like how you added the ribbon netting to your second card. These both work well for the sentiment free challenge. Congrats on winning some blog candy - enjoy.

Sharon

Jen M said...

Love your anyhero card! Do continue leaving comments... it always pays off. :)

Sudha said...

Pretty lovely creations.

Sudha
sudha-kalra.blogspot.in

Linda said...

Great take on the sketch/MWT for both cards (the first is my fave). I like to leave comments for all cards in the sketch challenges. My time doesn't allow for comments on the MWT cards. I have noticed that some cardmakers never leave comments. Comments are always appreciated or else why would we link up our creations? I think your comment goal is a great one! Keep up the great work!!!

Marlene Diefendorf said...

Fantastic cards Sybrina. I really like the use of the rub on and sticker in the first one, and I really like how your focal stamp in yellow picks up on the yellow in the DSP. Thanks so much for playing!

Patricia H said...

I really really like your AnyHero card! The thumbnail of it on the sketch post on the OWH Stars & Stamps blog caught my eye and drew me in for a closer look. I bet your other card is pretty too. I know it's hard to get a good scan of cards with a bit of a lump like in your ribbon. Been there, done that!

Donna Nuce said...

I love the patriotic theme you used for the challenge. I am glad you won blog candy for commenting. I have done that too. I do know that if you comment on other blogs you will get more comments! Have a great day.

Lisa A. said...

Your cards are beautiful, Sybrina!! The red, white and blue Any Hero card is wonderful...the array of stars with the flourishes is so celebratory and festive...wonderful!! So happy you joined us at CAS-ual Fridays this week:)!!

www.hokiecoyote.com said...

You did a great job on the sketch!