Saturday, January 26, 2013

Hoppy Easter

Hi everyone,

The card below is for this week's OWH Midweek Throwdown challenge.

It's actually quite a departure for me. For whatever reason, I don't typically make Easter cards. And, I don't usually make "punny" cards -- but I remembered Sandy saying kids love getting "punny" cards. So, I thought what the heck and gave this one a try.

Paper: Core-dinations core paper inked using Distress Ink Scattered Straw and Concord; ???? stash dp
Sentiment: computer-generated using Comic Sans printed on the reverse side of the goldish-orange core paper
Stickers: stash Creative Memories

I had to laugh when I read Bobbi's comments about her card taking 2 hours. I have no idea how long this card took, but it was a 2 night and 1 afternoon endeavor! I probably spent at least an hour getting just the right color of purple for the Comic Sans font. :)

Parting Thoughts

Hoping to make a couple of thank you cards for a few folks at work as we reach a huge milestone of a monumental project.

Thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!

1 comment:

Carol L said...

Don't feel bad, I often spend way too much time creating a card too :)
This turned out so nice, and it was well worth your efforts! I LOVE how the background polka dots perfectly match the colors on the egg! Cute card! Stay warm!!