Thursday, January 17, 2013

OWH Midweek Color Challenge

Hi everyone,

A quick midweek post to share a card for this week's challenge to make a card featuring the color green.

Distress Ink core paper, inked in Distress Ink Vintage Photo and sanded
Computer-generated sentiment in Mistral font
Some of you may have seen this one beforeThis is actually v2.0 of a card I made for a CAS-ual Fridays challenge a week or two ago. Hubby suggested a gem-free version in which various words were highlighted using a different colored font.  Since it's going to my next OWH shipment, I thought I'd add it to this week's collection.

Overall, I like the results. But, I think the font on the next one needs to be a slightly different green. This font green is a slightly different shade than the green cardstock...


Parting Thoughts

If you haven't checked out cards made by Bobbi, who made this week's adorable sample card, they're definitely worth a look. I had the pleasure of meeting Bobbi at an OWH card-making party last fall. She makes some lovely cards and is a huge supporter of OWH. :)

Received a little blog candy in the mail today! More about that in an upcoming post.

Thanks for visiting and happy scrappin'!

1 comment:

Donna Nuce said...

I like that background. Very simple yet elegant card. Thanks for sharing.