Sunday, January 20, 2013

2 Great Inspirations: Blog Candy and a New Sketch

Hi everyone,

This is an early Sunday morning post to share a card made yesterday.

There were 2 inspirations for the card.
  • Blog candy from Marsha at Gramma's Room arrived this week. The package included a bow easy and a Unity stamp. Initially, I was more excited that I had won the bow easy because I am so bow-making challenged. However, I loved the stamp so much that I used it first. :) 
    If you haven't seen Marsha's cards, you really need to take a look. Her OWH Top Ten of 2012 cards are fabulous! The little cowboy shown below was my favorite, but it was a tough call. Thanks again, Marsha!
  • For the design, I tweaked a scrapbook page layout by Ashley at Designs by Ashley Rock. I rotated the sketch 90 degrees clockwise and then included several of the layout elements, such as the 3 circles and 3 strips, on my card.(Ashley makes fabulous sketches for scrapbook page layouts. If you're into scrapbooking, they're definitely worth checking out.)
One of Marsha's Top Ten of 2012!
So Darn Cute!

A New Scrapbook Layout from Ashley!





Paper: Momenta, AC cardstock, and Distress Ink Core Paper
Image: Unity Stamp embossed with Distress Ink Vintage Photo and clear powder
Techniques: distressing, "aging" using Distress Ink Antique Linen, Peeled Paint, and Scattered Straw

Tools: Tim Holtz distressing tool, hole punch

I'm really pleased with the way the postcard turned out. The AC cardstock was a very light cream/ivory.

Parting Thoughts

I had to laugh when I read Carol's comment wishing that her hubby took as much interest in her cards as my hubby does in mine. Believe me, I get lots of eye rolls and "that's okay" responses. :)

Hubby's response for today's card was that I am always showing him sketches and cards -- and that the cards never seem to have any resemblance to the sketches. (Did I ever mention that hubby is more of a black and white kind of guy?) But, in spite of his wry comments and dry wit, he often offers good suggestions as to the type of card a "man" would like to send or receive.

Enjoy the rest of the holiday weekend. Thanks for stopping by and happy scrappin'!


No comments: