Sunday, January 27, 2013

A Patriotic Thanks!

Hi everyone,

Isn't interesting how sometimes cards come so quickly and other times not so quickly? Well, this week's OWH sketch came together quickly for me, resulting in the Any Hero card below. :)

Paper: dp: We R Memory Keepers Red, White, & Blue; light blue: Distress Ink core; other cardstock: AC or Bazzill
Baker's Twine: The Twinery; Mark Richards crystal stickers
Sentiment stamped in Distress Ink black soot, embossed with clear powder

Punches: The Paper Studio and Fiskars

I find myself struggling with pairing the patterns in this dp collection -- and struggling with the larger patterns in the pad. Using the larger pattern as the background, paired with solid cardstock, seemed to work well for this sketch.

Parting Thoughts

I am so excited about OWH Design Boot Camp, aren't you? Paula's first post about color theory was jam-packed full of great information. And, the individual comments she's leaving on blogs are much appreciated.  If you  haven't checked this out yet,  you really should!

Resolution Update: It's been nice to visit other blogs and reconnect with some OWH friends. The craft room is ready for the next round of card-making. Now all I need to do is make a Midweek Throwdown challenge card using this sketch.

Hope everyone has a great week.  We're reaching the biggest milestone of an unbelievably intense project at work this week. It will be such a HUGE accomplishment -- and big relief!

Thanks for visiting and happy scrappin'!

11 comments:

Linda said...

I love that you are using some other papers for your card shares...this one is particularly outstanding...love the colors, paper and twine! Keep it up!!!

Unknown said...

Very pretty, soft colors with a strong visual impact, I feel a CASE in the works!

Paula S. said...

This came out terrific! Isn't it amazing how sometimes card comes that comes together easily turns out to be one you just love? All the elements seem made for each other... from the paper pattern to the twine.

Thanks for your kind words about Bootcamp too. Glad you're enjoying it!

Unknown said...

Lovely color combo. I really like the shades of blue you found to go with the DP. Great star as the focal point too! TFS!

Unknown said...

A great Any Hero card!

Jen M said...

I like this very much! The stars are great layered!

Sarah said...

Great card-- love the DSP you used and those stars are perfect!

Diane said...

love your card- and I think the paper is prefect! Good luck at work!

SusanS said...

I like your interpretation of this week's sketch. (I am having difficulty coming up with an idea.) I like your use of the baker's twine. Great card for a Hero to send home, or to use as a Any Hero Card.

Marlene Diefendorf said...

Great patriotic, and Any Hero, card. Love the DSP and great idea to use it as the background, and cardstock for the other elements in the sketch. The twine is the perfect touch. I also struggle with mixing DSP, and also find using one piece and adding colored card stock always works for me. Thanks so much for playing!

Unknown said...

I think you did a great job pairing those papers. I too have a difficult time pairing larger prints. I'm excited about the bootcamp too and can't wait for the next submission. Thanks for sharing your card and providing some nice inspiration!