Sunday, August 4, 2013

Red, White, Blue, and Striped

Hi, everyone.

Today's Any Hero card was inspired by OWH Sketch #184. Immediately, I felt that the vertical 3" by 5.5" strip should be a deep blue, with a contrasting  3.75" by 2" horizontal jute/burlap strip and a star embellishment in the circle.

Bo Bunny Anthem, Recollections jute
Distress Ink core paper (chipped sapphire, fired brick, antique linen)
star punches: Fiskars and Paper Studio; Paper Studio brad
Creative Memories Cutting System
adhesives: Zots 3D glue dots, Glossy Accents


I tried several different combinations of solid and patterned papers for the 0.75" by 5.5" vertical strip, but none of them felt right. When I finally scored and sanded a strip of the chipped sapphire, I loved the simplicity of the look. Keeping it simple allowed the star to really pop. I'm also liking the diagonal stripes on the star.

Parting Thoughts

Wow... it's been a great day. But, I'm pretty beat. So, I think I'm going to call it a night.

Have a good week. Thanks for visiting and happy scrappin'!


2 comments:

BobbisTreasure said...

You make the best cards! I love how you combined the papers.

Unknown said...

Really great card, love everything, especially the burlap (so in) and the off-set matting of the star! A wonderful hero card!