Saturday, August 3, 2013

Have a Super Day!

Hi, everyone.

This card has been rattling around in my brain ever since the adorable Paper Smooches Super! stamp set released. (This is actually a second version using the Paper Smooches Alphadots stamp set.) And, even though I just ordered a set of the newly released dies that go with the stamp set, I couldn't pass up the chance to (literally) piece this together while I had some serious time to work on it.


Paper Smooches Super! stamp set in StazOn jet black
Distress Ink core paper (red, yellow, blue)
Bazzill black cardstock
Tombow foam squares behind super hero and buildings on right
LOTS of fussy cutting

Paper Smooches Super! and Alphadots stamp sets in StazOn jet black
Distress Ink core paper (red, yellow, blue)
stash white and black cardstock
computer generated shapes, requiring even more fussy cutting
(For details on making this popped-up sentiment, please click here)

Since this is going to Operation Write Home, I added a white strip to the bottom of the inside of the card for mommy or daddy to write a note to their super hero back home in the States.

So, with the popped-up sentiment and all of the fussy cutting, this little card was pretty labor intensive. And yet I can't help but smile when I think about the little super hero who's going to love getting this card from his mom or dad.  :)

Think I'm posting the card for this month's Paper Smooches Guest Designer Challenge.

Parting Thoughts

It's sure to be a super weekend around here. Hubby and I are celebrating 29 years of marriage tomorrow and my dad is celebrating his 79th birthday!  :)

Have a great weekend! Thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!

No comments: