Sunday, August 11, 2013

Autumn Foliage

Hi, everyone!

Seems like it's been feast or famine for me when it comes to cardmaking lately. This past week was a drought, but today's turning out to be pretty productive. The card below is for this week's OWH Midweek Throwdown challenge to make fall-themed cards.

Distress Ink core and Bazzill cardstock; stash dp
dp: distressed and inked in Distress Ink black walnut
OWH fundraiser ribbon; Stampin' Up! brads

I'm so loving this OWH fundraising ribbon. My challenge is to find more creative ways to use it!

The designer paper may be Creative Memories. Not sure about that since I bought it a garage sale -- a nice pack of 8" by 8" autumn papers for $3!

So that the dp would really pop, I went with monochromatic ribbon and brads, keeping the layout really simple -- but remembering the Design Bootcamp Rule of Thirds lesson. 

I only wish the scanned dp didn't look so yellow. It's actually more of a cream or ecru -- much prettier than it looks on my monitor.

Parting Thoughts 

Two posts for two OWH challenges -- and it's only 3:30! Better yet, I still have a little time to work on some Christmas cards.

Have a great week! Thanks for visiting and happy scrappin'!

No comments: