Thursday, August 15, 2013

friend 2 friend

Hi, everyone.

This week's OWH Midweek Throwdown challenge is to make a friend-themed card. I decided to go all girlie, girlie for this one!  :)

Stampin' Up! garage-sale-find dp; AC cardstock
Paper Smooches stamps: Teen Scene and Alphadot, in Staz On jet black
Glossy Accents; Fiskars border punch; Marvy circle punch

I'm thrilled with the way this turned out...but it sure was a long and winding road. And, the arduous journey really surprised me because I knew early on that I wanted to use some fun Stampin' Up! paper and these adorable Paper Smooches Teen Scene stamps. But, choosing the right cardstock to complement the paper, the exact combination of stamps, and getting the stamping to look halfway decent... Well, all of that took quite a while.  : )

Tip for the Day: I taped along the edges of the screens and envelope before applying Glossy Accents.

Moments of Inspiration: Inspiration hit when I realized I should use a first generation/second generation/third generation stamping technique on the arrows. Inspiration hit again when I decided to make the middle arrow 2-ply thick, and the right arrow 3-ply thick.

Think I'll post this at Paper Smooches.

Parting Thoughts

UPDATE: Just learned there was a Facebook part of the challenge to make a masculine card. Since hubby and I are probably the only people on the planet that doesn't do FB, I messed up that part of the challenge. Sorry about that!

Not much else to say. Pretty tired after a taxing day at work.

Thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!

No comments: