Sunday, July 14, 2013

Sweet Land of Liberty

Hi, everyone.

Today's Any Hero card was inspired by OWH Sketch #181. When I first saw the sketch, "USA" immediately popped in my head for the square element. The rest of the card flowed from there.

Bo Bunny Anthem; Distress Ink core (antique linen, fired brick, chipped sapphire)
computer-generated sentiment (Times New Roman; R: 184, G; 0, B; 0)
Distress Ink vintage photo for inking of paper and twine; garage sale brads
; Zots 3D glue dots

This one got a big thumbs up from hubby!  :)

Even though this was a pretty busy sketch, the card feels calm to me. Interesting enough, I consider myself a CAS aficionado. Yet, I struggled more with last week's simpler sketch. Hmmm...

Parting Thoughts

Have a great week. I'm hoping to find time to play with the new Paper Smooches Super stamp set.

Thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!

This one got a big thumbs up from hubby.

12 comments:

Susan S said...

great card!

Erika said...

This is a great card and the bit of twine is a great idea! Hubby is right!

Lee Mae said...

I like how all the text works together on your card but doesn't look busy. Love it!

Carol L said...

Great take on the sketch, and I love how you used twine for that narrow panel in the center!

Unknown said...

This is an awesome patriotic card! Love it! Great take on the sketch!

Renee said...

Awesome take on the sketch! Love everything about it!

www.hokiecoyote.com said...

Very nice. I love that background paper.

Linda said...

Very nice...I particularly love the twine...the colors are great! Did you crimp that base paper? TFS!!!

Melissa T. said...

Great card! Love the patriotism. :) We do indeed live in the sweet land of liberty.

Nancy Keller said...

Your hubby has the right idea with the thumbs up!!! This is so patriotic and great. I love it.

Diane said...

Absolutely love it! I think your papers and the blue matting give it a very serene feel! I love how you have the sentiments placed!

BobbisTreasure said...

I love how you used the twine for the vertical element in the sketch! And the bling is a great touch.