Friday, July 26, 2013

Fun Ribbon for an Any Hero Card

Hi, everyone.

I've had the ribbon on the card below for about a year.

Couldn't resist it when I found it at a flea market when shopping with a friend. But, since the colors just didn't quite go with any of my patriotic paper, I hadn't used it until now.

So, I decided to pair it with some neutral core paper and brads for this week's Midweek Throwdown challenge to make an Any Hero card. Even so, I'm still a little ambivalent about the paper being too formal for this more whimsical ribbon.Hmmm... 

sentiment from Stamper's Best, heat embossed in Distress Ink vintage photo
flea market ribbon by ???
Core'dinations paper  -- a great garage sale find  :)
Stampin' Up! brads
Creative Memories circle cutting system

Parting Thoughts

Had a fun time at a Stampin' Up! one-sheet wonder class last night. Still have a few cards to finish!

Looking forward to hubby getting home tonight!!! He and our little doggie have been gone for almost 2 weeks.

Enjoy the weekend!  As always, thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!

3 comments:

Carol L said...

Nice card, I love the earthy tones along with the patriotic colors of the ribbon.
Thanks for your thoughtful comments you left on my blog. I don't have time to do a tutorial, but I learned to make the origami shirt & tie here:

http://www.origami-resource-center.com/origami-shirt.html

SusanS said...

Another great card! Love that sentiment too!

Cheryl A said...

Wonderful hero card, the sentiment is perfect for the flag ribbon. Great choice!