Sunday, May 26, 2013

Lots of Textures, Lots of Layers

Hi, everyone!

Hope you've had a chance to check out OWH's Bloghop. There are so many talented cardmakers and so many amazing cards! Thanks to everyone who is hosting a stop on the hop. Extra special thanks to the OWH elves who made it all happen.

OWH Sketch #174

The Any Hero card below was inspired by today's sketch -- and Sandy's request for all hoppers to make two Any Hero cards this weekend. I have to confess that this sketch was a little busy for me. In an attempt to "neutralize the busyness", I went with a lot of solid cardstock and fibers. Nonetheless, hubby felt my end result was still a little too busy for his tastes. :)

Bo Bunny Liberty; Bazzill admiral and watermelon; AC neutral
Recollections jute; Ribbon Boutique natural jute
Paper Studio star punch; Marvy circle punch; Creative Memories cutting system; crimper
Stampin' Up! brads; 3D glue dots

Parting Thoughts

Heartfelt thanks to those who have served our country. Thoughts and prayers to those families who have made the ultimate sacrifice.

Hope the rest of your Memorial Day weekend is blessed and safe.

As always, thanks for visiting and happy scrappin'!

3 comments:

www.hokiecoyote.com said...

I think you did a great job of anchoring the card with the stars and the lighter color cardstock. I personally love the jute.

Anonymous said...

I really like all the texture on your card! I need to try that sometime. Thanks for sharing.

Camille Short said...

Love the burlap!