Wednesday, May 1, 2013

A Patriotic Thanks

Hi, everyone.

First, a heartfelt thanks to everyone who responded to hubby's question. Your comments were often funny, at times wistful -- and all so very honest.

A few words about hubby. This August, we will have been married for 30  years. (It's actually amazing to see that in print!) And, he is so supportive and kind -- in spite of that stoic persona of his.

Just  a small snippet of his kindness: He was running errands earlier today -- close to our neighborhood Michael's, which is one of those places that he avoids like the plague. However, I had mentioned about wanting to pick up ATG refills. So, he raided the menopause room trashcan to find an empty pack to know what type of tape I get. Yea, he talks a good game, but he's a real sweetheart.  :)

A Patriotic Thanks

The card below was inspired by two OWH posts: today's Midweek Throwdown challenge to make a thank you card and  yesterday's Tuesday Tutorial about making a card using scraps.

Bo Bunny Liberty; tan: Distress Ink core, blue: Bazzill admiral, red: Bazzill watermelon
sentiment heat embossed in Distress Ink vintage photo; garage sale brad; 3D glue dots

Parting Thoughts

Thanks again to all for sharing your hubbies' reactions to card-sharing.

Have a good rest of the week. Happy scrappin'!

5 comments:

Jen M said...

I like your card! I like the stripe background, it seems flag-like which is perfect for this patriotic card!

Donna Hanley said...

I love this card. So much fun. Great colors, of course. As for Hubby. I think he and my Hubby must be related.
We are on 31 years. Enjoy the night.

Cissy Murphy said...

The card: You did a fabulous job of using scraps without it looking like you were using scraps! :) I really like the mix of papers.

The hubby: You seem to have done a great job training your husband! LOL I'm 15 years into my marriage and hope to have such good results at 30 years. :)

JoAnn Ross said...

Great card! I love that paper, and it's a great design! And how sweet is your hubby to risk estrogen poisoning at Michael's?

Diane said...

I adore patriotic cards- and your card is amazing! And I love reading about your hubby- he is a keeper for sure!!!