Sunday, May 5, 2013

Getting My {OWH NSD} Party On

Hi, everyone!

Aren't OWH VCMP days the best?!

Challenge #1: ODBD Miss You card

I picked up this wonderful stamp set at a garage sale a couple of years ago, but never got around to using it. What was I thinking?

Stampin' Up! image, heat embossed in Distress Ink vintage photo; Stampin' Up! neutral brads
tan and brown paper: Distress Ink core paper; dark brown paper: AC
computer-generated sentiment (Mistral)

 Challenge #2: Sketch-Based Kiddie Card

For this card, I went with a colorful array of cute cupcakes, which could be for a birthday. But, I intentionally left off a sentiment. So, it could be sent for any happy occasion that calls for a cupcake celebration. :)

dp: MME Life of a Party; teal and pink: Distress ink core; garnet: ???
Stampin' Up! cupcake punch and pool party ribbon
hand-drawn curly cues; 3D glue dots
Creative Memories cutting system
OWH Sketch #102

 Challenge #3: A Romantic Card

Strangely enough, I really struggled with this one. Butterfly cards usually come pretty easily. Hope this one turned out okay. [And, now that I see it on the screen, it looks like I need to do some ribbon straightening. :( ]

Cuttlebug embossing folder; Martha Stewart punch
Distress Ink core and AC white
Celebrate It ribbon; Queen & Co and Mark Richards pearls

Creative Memories cutting system

Challenge #4: A Scrapbook-Page-Inspired Card

I LOVED this challenge. Thanks, Nancy!
designs by ashley rock
12 x 12 Scrapbook Sketches, Vol 1

There used to be a local scrapbook store named Pizazz It! It was fabulous! Since the store's closing, the owner's daughter Ashley has continued to be active in the scrapbooking community. Ashley designs wonderful scrapbook pages. And, for a time, she would send me a sketch and I would make cards from it. Then Ashley got engaged and the sketches quit coming. Hmmm....

Anyway, for this challenge I pulled out Ashley's book of sketches to make the card below.

Spellbinder's Nestabilities dies
MME Moments dp; blue/gray cardstock: Distress Ink core; navy cardstock: Cardstock Warehouse Paper Co.
Queen & Co. and Mark Richards pearls; sentiment stamped in Night of Navy
Creative Memories square punch, Marvy circle punch

Challenge #5: OWH Sketch #171

I usually make an Any Hero card from the weekly sketch. However, since Julie's challenge is Any-Hero-card related, I'll make another romantic card instead. It seems I have butterflies on my brain this weekend. :)

Bo Bunny Mama-razzi; tan and turquoise cardstock: Distress Ink core, dark brown: Bazzill or AC
sentiment stamped in Adirondack espresso; champagne-colored heart gems: ???
circle punches: Marvy and EK; butterfly punch: Martha Stewart


Challenge #6: An Any Hero Card featuring an original Photo

Better late than never for this one.

I must admit that my first reaction was, "Seriously?" But, after inspiration hit, I was really pleased that Julie posted this challenge.

The photo is a view from our front porch, which proudly displays Old Glory.

Paper: green and red, Distress Ink core; blue, Cardstock Warehouse Paper Co,; white: AC
Recollections brads; computer-generated sentiment


Challenge #7: A Summer Card

Vacations at the beach are some of my favorite summertime memories.

The brick wall technique used on the card below was one of the tutorials featured on Pinterest. Still think I need to add a little more color to the sentiment paper. It's still looking a little stark/harsh to me.

DCWV Travel Stack; Distress Ink core papercomputer-generated sentiment (Bradley Hand ITC), sponged in Distress Ink tattered rose
champagne-colored heart gems


Parting Thought

I so loved this VCMP. Challenge hostesses did a wonderful job on gently nudging us to try new things, like making a card from a scrapbook page layout or trying a new tutorial.

Great job, hostesses. Thanks for organizing such a fun party!  :)

14 comments:

Sandy Allnock said...

Cute cards! Did you use an OWH tut for the romance one? (And I am totally with you on seeing my goobers once I photograph a card - why is that! lol!)

Dotti's Hobbies said...

Oh, I love your cards! The texture and image on the 1st one is perfect, the colors and design in the 2nd one are so fun, and the butterflys and the bling in the 3rd one are beautiful! Thank you for being such a great supporter of OWH and spreading so much cheer by the love you put into your cards. And, I believe every celebration calls for cupcakes! Lol! :)

BobbisTreasure said...

I love how you off set the oval die cut on the third card - really great effect!

Paula S. said...

Hi Sybrina! I love the cupcake theme you chose. What a great paper and the three ribbons are a great finishing touch too. I struggle to not include sentiments on my cards but you are SO right ... not having one makes this card so versatile. It could be used for so much more than a birthday this way. Thanks for playing in my challenge in the VCMP this weekend.

Donna Nuce said...

Gorgeous cards Sybrina! Love the subtle stamping on your miss you card. Really pretty romantic card too!

Angie Tieman said...

Great cards! You had a very productive day!

Nancy Keller said...

Wow... I love all of these cards! Your scrapbook sketch card is great and I'm so glad you played along with my challenge. :) I really like that page layout sketch... I might have to "borrow" it!!! :D that's a great one!

Sarah said...

Whoa... I would think I had died and gone to heaven if I found that stamp set at a garage sale :) Fabulous cards---so glad you got your party on!

JoAnn Ross said...

I think all your cards are wonderful and your summertime card is great just the way it is! It makes me want to be at the beach now, and hey, it's a two-fer: Summer and romance! ;) Thanks so much for sharing it on my Summertime OWH card challenge blog post!

Marlene Diefendorf said...

What a terrific group of cards Sybrins. Love your take on the sketch and the butterfly is darling.

Julie said...

Great cards, Sybrina! Perfect photo choice for your AnyHero card, I love it! Thanks for playing along in my OWH VCMP challenge!

Cissy Murphy said...

My goodness, you have been busy! You created some really lovely cards! Thanks for sharing.

Linda said...

I agree with you on the trying new things...they were fun. I do not remember the brick tutorial si I need to check that out! Great cards! your photo card turned out super nice! tfs!!!

Kelly Griglione said...

Wow, you've really been productive, fantastic job!! Love finding stamps at garage sales ... they tend to be the "unique" ones that no one has anymore too!