Wednesday, May 15, 2013

A Variegated Garden

Hi, everyone!

Happy Wednesday!

The card below was made for this month's installment of OWH Design Bootcamp, using variation to add interest. This card really feels like a change of pace for me, although I can't quite put my finger on why that is. (And, while I'm 'fessing up, this lesson was a really hard one for me.)

Making Memories foam flower stamps
AC White; Distress Ink core
Distress Ink tattered rose, dusty concord, and peeled paint
stash ribbon; Queen & Co. and Mark Richards pearls
Stampin; Up! sponge daubers

I tried to go with a variety of flower sizes and two different colors of flowers, with the biggest flower being a different color than the other flowers. (The large flower is also two-layered.) In addition, I added variety through the use of pearls and ribbon (hard and soft elements). Finally, I added variety through the number and sizes of pearls used in the center of several flowers.

The placement of the largest flower was made based upon the rule of thirds. And, the sentiment was placed to be fairly close to the largest flower.

I'll be interested in getting feedback on this one, since it does feel so different than my usual cards.

Parting Thoughts

Feeling kind of tired tonight. Not much more comes to mind.

Thanks for visiting and happy scrappin'!

1 comment:

Paula S. said...

Hi Sybrina! You've done a really nice job on this and included variety in several areas and the rule of thirds placement of the largest flower is the first thing the eye is drawn to. I like too, that you left some white area around the sentiment. You've also touched on next months bootcamp on the subject of repetition by repeating color and the floral shapes. I'm glad you joined in the May Bootcamp even though it forced you to stretch a little outside of your comfort zone, and I hope you're glad you did too. :)