Friday, April 26, 2013

Thinking about You All the Time

Hi, everyone! Happy weekend!

A quick post for this week's OWH Midweek Throwdown challenge to make a card related to time.

brown & green: Distress Ink core; black: Bazzill; cream: ???
Sizzix folder: heat embossed in Distress Ink vintage photo and sponged in peeled paint, tumbled glass, dusty concord
sentiment: computer-generated (Arial Black)
; Stampin' Up! brads
Creative Memories cutting system

The texture is FABULOUS! I also really like the way the inking came out. I dabbed a scrap of the paper with various inks until I decided to go with this combination. And, after applying peeled paint, I decided to use the green paper as the base -- with the layer of black in between. 

The card above is slightly different than the one linked at OWH. I felt like the sentiment needed a little something more, but I didn't want to add any extra bulk. Hmmm... When I couldn't find just the right embellishment in my stash, I added a little hand-drawn squiggle -- sketching it first in pencil. :)   Hope it looks okay. 

Just for fun, I thought I'd share the card at the right. I made it a year or so ago using the same embossing folder. It feels like I'm making some progress in this cardmaking journey. This new version has lots more texture, more depth, more layers -- and the shape of the sentiment's papers are more in keeping with the embossed image.

Parting Thoughts

It was a big week: went to a Stampin' Up! technique class and received several online cardmaking supply orders -- including some stamps from Our Daily Bread Designs. (ODBD is a great corporate partner/sponsor of OWH!) Hoping to find a little playtime this weekend. :)

Have a great weekend! Thanks for visiting and happy scrappin'!

2 comments:

Kristie said...

Great card for this week's MWT challenge. I just love that embossing folder. And the double matting on your sentiment really makes it pop! The brads on the clocks are another wonderful extra touch.

Pam from Maine said...

Great bkgd. Love all the texture. I don't mind at all if you borrow the Alice in Wonderland idea for a late card. I think that's the greatest thing about the internet---sharing ideas.