Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Bee Happy

Hi, everyone.

I'm not much of a punny cardmaker -- not that I don't admire my fellow cardmakers who do such adorable punny cards.

However, when I read this month's ODBD challenge to make cards featuring things that fly, my new honeycomb embossing folder arrived, and I found a cute little honeybee template online... Well, I just couldn't resist.

Stampin' Up! embossing folder, heat embossed with Distress Ink Vintage Photo; online bee template
Stampin' Up! oval punches and black brads; Marvy circle punch
most papers: Distress Ink core; black: Bazzill; cream behind sentiment: stash ???
computer-generated sentiment (Arial black) and basic Word shapes
crimped strip, inked with Close to My Heart Desert Sand and Distress Ink Antique Linen

wings lightly painted with watered-down Honey Brown and Light Ivory acrylics

To achieve the embossed effect of the honeycomb, I rubbed the inside of the top of the folder with Distress Ink, applied clear embossing powder, and heat embossed. Although I chose not to distress the Distress Ink gold paper itself, I still decided to use it because the color is so rich.


I ran into serious technical difficulties when printing out the sentiment -- trying to run a remnant piece of sanded core paper through our printer. One of the following things is evidently true.

A) Our printer does not like tiny pieces of paper.
B) Our printer does not like sanded core paper.
C) Our printer does not like tiny pieces of sanded core paper.

But, I fear the answer might be: D) All of the Above.

So, for the sake of family harmony, I think I'll abstain from trying to print on any of these papers for future projects. :)

Here's hoping a little one will "bee happy" to receive this card from mommy or daddy.


Parting Thoughts

I'm always amazed when basic shapes are combined to make cute little critters.

As always, thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!

No comments: