Friday, April 12, 2013

A Sparkling Smile

Hi, everyone! Happy Weekend!

This week's Cas-ual Fridays challenge is to create a card with a little sparkle. The card below was partially inspired by a card I made for
OWH Midweek Throwdown ombre color challenge a few weeks ago. For the card at the right, I painted the background in various shades of Desert Turquoise acrylic, darkening it with Midnight Blue and lightening it with Light Ivory.

I actually have a ton of acrylics from tole painting days. The card at the right was my first serious attempt at incorporating acrylics with cardmaking. For today's card, I wanted more of a watercolor effect -- and thought orange would go well with the sentiment. So, I opted for watered-down acrylic blends of Tangerine with Burnt Orange and Light Ivory.

background: watered-down Tangerine, Burnt Orange, and Light Ivory acrylics on watercolor paper
sentiment in Stampin' Up! Island Indigo; Distress Ink core paper;
garage sale embellishments, including Mark Richards crystals

I'm really pleased with these acrylic looks. Going to have play around a little more with this idea.  :)

Parting Thoughts

Gotta finish up those SuperDAD cards to get them to OWH before the April 30 deadline. That is at the very top of my crafting to do list! (Seems like I have a serious blue theme going on here!)

As always, thanks for visiting and happy scrappin'!

2 comments:

Alice said...

wonderful simple designs. great work! thanks so much for joining us this week at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

Pamela said...

A very cute CAS card :) Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!