Friday, March 8, 2013

Kids Say the Darndest Things

Hi everyone,

I'm really excited that I had a chance to make a card for the weekly CAS-ual Fridays challenge on Friday! This week's challenge is to use blocks of color.

black cardstock: Cardstock Warehouse Paper Co,, cream cardstock: Bazzill or AC
sentiment: Inkadinkado Kids' Quotes heat embossed in Distress Ink black soot
Cuttlebug ef; color block inks: Distress Ink tumbled glass blending into Distress Ink scattered straw
blocks mounted using pop up dots


Love the way the colors transitioned. Of course, blue was a natural choice based on the sentiment. So, I decided to go to yellow to paint in a happier color. Then I decided to pop the colors even more by placing them on black cardstock.

I am typically frustrated when my edges aren't as precise as I would like. Let's just say that my trimmer is not behaving as well as I would like. But, in this case, the unevenness of the cuts really adds to the kid-like feel of the card. :)

Hope this one will bring a smile to one of our hero's loved ones.

Parting Thoughts

Hoping to get to this week's Midweek Tic Tac Toe challenge tomorrow.

Have a great weekend! Thanks for visiting and happy scrappin'!

5 comments:

carol (krillsister) said...

Love the saying.
Great choice of colors. The black surely makes it pop.

Sharon said...

I have that Penny Black verse set and always used it inside cards. I just love your idea of splitting it up with colour blocking! Very creative!
Sharon

Kelly Griglione said...

Now here's a great example of the card design really supporting the sentiment. Well done! A great effect. Thanks so much for joining the CAS-ual Fridays challenge this week!

Sylvia Blum said...

The colors and coloring technique you've used are sooo beautiful!
Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!
Sylvia xx

Anonymous said...

Your watercolor panels are gorgeous! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays this week :)