Sunday, March 31, 2013

God Bless You for Serving

Hi, everyone.

Happy Easter. Hope you have enjoyed a blessed Easter celebration with family and friends. Hubby and I went to church with hubby's dad. Then the three of us met up with my dad for an early dinner.

Today's card, which was inspired by today's OWH sketch, seemed a fitting tribute for one of our heroes on Easter Sunday.

Bo Bunny Liberty, Bazzill Admiral and Watermelon, stash brown cardstock
Stamper's Best sentiment stamped in Adirondack espresso
Fiskars and the Paper Studio star punches adhered with 3D glue dots, garage sale brads

Other than moving one of my "circles" to the bottom right corner, I stuck to the sketch. (Maybe there's hope for me yet!)  And, I'm still loving that new Stampin' Up! trimmer.  :)



Parting Thoughts

A huge thank you to everyone who left such kind comments about "The Sky's the Limit" bubble wrap card and "Feeling Blue?" ombre card. An extra special thanks to Nancy for featuring the bubble wrap technique in this week's Tuesday Tutorial.

It's really great to be back online. I was out of town -- and offline -- last week. But, I did have a few card-making supplies with me. Had a chance to make a few dad cards. Hope to share a couple of those in the next few days or weeks. :)

Thanks for stopping and have a great week! Happy scrappin'!

6 comments:

Lee Mae said...

Hi Sybrina! Glad you are back and posting another great card! I want to also thank you for the hombre and bubble wrap ideas. I haven't made my cards yet, but they are now fully formed in my head and I am planning on making my cards (late, as usual) next week. Hope you have a terrific Easter!

JoAnn Ross said...

Oh, that's really special and some one's going to really appreciate it! I have that paper; must get it out more. And hey, you stuck to the sketch better than I did, lol.

Linda said...

I like the balance of moving one of the stars...wtg! Cannot wait to try the bubble wrap...arrrgggh I am so behind!

StampTramps said...

Thank you for reminding me that I need to write out some hero cards today. Love your take on the sketch, and that you added to it, too. I really did enjoy your bubble wrap technique and tried it with shelf liner. It really makes you look at home items in a different light!

Carol L said...

I love your Hero card with the stars and patriotic dsp! You tweaked the sketch just enough to make it even better :)

Marlene Diefendorf said...

Sybrina this is awesome! Love the distressed look and the papers are a great choice. Love the sentiment and the stars are perfect. Thank for playing!