Thursday, March 7, 2013

Round and Round They Go

Hi everyone,

Today's post features two cards with circular objects.

ODBD Challenge

When it came to choosing a scallop for this month's OWH ODBD challenge, I had two chipboard elements from which to choose. When I remembered my pad of travel-themed paper, the Picture Perfect element won.

Momenta dp; K & Company Wild Saffron Adhesive Chipboard; ivory Ric-Rac
techniques: inking with Adirondack Espresso

To make this card, I flipped the sketch on page 136 of Card Sketches for Paper Crafters. Since this card ended up being only 3.5 inches wide, I'm going to use 12-by-12 inch cardstock instead of 8.5-by-11 inch paper if I make any more cards from this sketch for OWH.

Tuesday Tutorial

Today's second card also features circular objects. I actually made this a while ago at a day-long crop. At the crop, a Stampin' Up! consultant led some make-and-takes using the Spirelli technique featured in this week's Tuesday Tutorial

designer paper and oval punches: Stampin' Up!; cardstock: Bazzill; DMC floss; stash embellishments

I loved the way the technique turned out. However, I decided this little flower was too delicate  to make the trip overseas and back. So, instead of sending it to OWH, it is going to be hand delivered to a friend celebrating an early April birthday.

Parting Thoughts

Next two items on the crafting to do list:
Thanks for stopping. Happy weekend and happy scrappin'!

1 comment:

Missy said...

Sybrina,

what a nice card for the ODBD challenge at OWH. The zig zag separating the two pattern papers could be a scallop too. I like the Picture perfect chipboard you used.