Wednesday, May 23, 2012

OWH's Memorial Day Blog Hop: A Preview Post

Hi, everyone,

Hope the week is going well. Just a quick reminder that the OWH Blog Hop is scheduled for this weekend.

                          

When I think of Memorial Day, three things come to mind:
  • our troops -- present and past,
  • my mom and mom-in-law, and
  • summertime memories and future plans.
This weekend, I hope to share three different cards, all made using OWH Sketch #59. For now, I have a card for the moms.

In Loving Memory of our Moms

It will be two years this weekend since the passing of hubby's mom. In December, it will be 25 years since I lost my mom. It is such a blessing to still have our dads. Nevertheless, we miss our moms so very much. 

Basic Grey paper, Martha Stewart punch-around-the-page and small butterfly punches, ribbon and gems

I already had the larger butterfly punch. So, I bought a punch to make baby butterflies. And, I spent way too much time -- really, way too much time -- thinking about the patterns and gems for these little butterflies. But this card is, after all, a love note to our moms. A few of the details I decided upon are:
  • using different patterns to represent the two families. I used tan for my mom's side and blue for hubby's side. 
  • differentiating the gals from the guys by using a single gem for the gals. 
Parting Thoughts

I'm hoping to get Card #3 done for the blog hop. And, I'm REALLY hoping that I don't mess up the whole posting/linking thing.

And, I'm hoping everyone has a chance to make a least a couple blog stops this weekend -- including me. :)

Thanks for stopping by. And, happy scrappin'!





4 comments:

Donna Nuce said...

This is such a beautiful card and really expresses you feelings about losing your mom and MIL. Thanks for sharing. I look forward to the blog hop too.

Michele Gross said...

Wonderful card-the colors are lovely! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

Kimberly said...

Sybrina - those butterflies are lovely, and you just can't go wrong with Basic Grey! Thanks so much for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

Christina said...

What a sweet card in honor of your moms, and I love how much time and thought you put into the design. Thanks for joining us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!