Friday, May 4, 2012

Friday Night Writes

Hi, everyone,

Talk about the best  laid plans... Remember my plans to "attend" my last couple of Tim Holtz classes?

Moreover, I have no cards to share -- but for a good reason. Sandy contacted me about hosting one of the stops at this weekend's OWH blog hop. So, I've been busy creating a couple of cards to share on Sunday. :)

OWH's Rebellious Blog Hop
One last reminder about this weekend's OWH cards. To celebrate National Scrapbooking Day/Weekend, we rebels will be busy scrapping cards for our troops and their loved ones.
I am thrilled to be hosting one of the Sunday stops.... and I'll have a little blog candy for one lucky visitor.

The blog will start here.
And the Liebster goes to....

OMG!  Sound the alarm, e-mail Brian Williams, text Diane Sawyer, and tweet Scott Pelley. I just received my first blog award! I am a Liebster Award winner!

Okay, so I'm joking about the Brian Williams thing. But, I am truly touched that Kathryn of  Kathryn's Cards has deemed my blog worthy of this honor. Kathryn, that's really very sweet of you. Thank you!


The origins of the Liebster Blog Award are somewhat unclear. However, Kathy from My Creative Impulse offers the following explanation on her blog.

"... general consensus is that it originated in Germany. Liebster, means favorite or dearest, and the Liebster Award is designed to showcase bloggers with fewer than 200 followers. Upon accepting the award, the recipient must pass it on to five more blogs of note."

 I had to laugh when I read the fewer than 200 followers part. Yeah, it looks like I still qualify on that front. Now, the favorite or dearest part may be a different story. :)

As Kathryn said it was hard to choose. There are so many wonderful bloggers. It is my honor to announce the next Liebster awards:
  • Lee Mae at Boxes of Dogs, a member of the OWH blog team
  • Sue at Little Bits of Randomness, another fellow OWHer who makes the cutest cards ever
  • Donna at Crafty Colonel, another fellow OWHer whose blog I just joined
  • Ashley at Designs by Ashley, an up-and-coming designer who has just published her first book of 12 by 12 sketches
  • Tiffany at  I am My Design, another up-and-coming artist (and sometimes blogger) who will be receiving her Associate's Degree in Graphic Design in the next couple of weeks and is largely responsible for my recognition since she introduced me to card-making
Liebster Award winners need to:
1. Thank you Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog.
2. Link back to the blogger who presented the award to you.
3. Copy and past the blog award on your blog.
4. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 5 blogs of 200 followers or less you feel deserve recognition.
5. Let them know they have been chosen by leaving a comment at their blog.
I hope the newest Liebster Award Winners will be as pleased as I was. Thanks again, Kathryn!

Parting Thought

Have a wonderful National Scrapbooking Day/Weekend!  Hope you have a chance to spend a little of it with us OWH rebels. :) 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats! How fun? I'm honored to be nominated by you! This should be fun! PS- I love the "sometimes blogger" part! That's so me! =)

Unknown said...

Thanks for the nomination!!! =) Hope you had a great NSD!