Friday, May 18, 2012

Friday Night Writes

Hi, everyone,

Hope it's been a good week for you. The week's been good around here. 

Thanks to those all who visited this blog during the past week. Special thanks to those who left comments -- including Linda, who may have solved my penguin-in-a-tree conundrum. And, I need to thank Paula for her blog support. (Paula, crossing my fingers that this post publishes as scheduled!)

Good News... Bad News

Work is going really well. The good news is that I am working on a project that I really enjoy. However, it's a project that's pretty mentally draining. Normally, I use card-making as a nice, change-of-pace, re-charging diversion. But, I have to confess that I've pretty much vegged -- or, on one or two nights, done a little "home" work...

... which brings us to the bad news. I only have one card to share -- and not even one of the cards I had planned to make.

A Colleague's "Going Away"/Congrats Card

One of my favorite team members has accepted a position with another department. It's a good move for him -- one that involves a promotion and a raise in pay. But, we have been cubicle neighbors for the last couple of years and I will miss him terribly.

So, I made the card below to wish him well in his new position -- hoping that this new position is the admission ticket to the career adventure he's been hoping to find.

Kaiser Up, Up, and Away paper and embellishments

OWH's Wonderful Partners

During National Scrapbooking Weekend, Marianne linked "sister cards" for my OWH patriotic challenge. And, I was so taken by the sentiment on one of her cards, that I just had to have that stamp set to use on future Any Hero cards.

I immediately went to Stamper's Best and placed my order. I have to tell you the customer service was amazing. I can't believe how quickly my order was processed -- and how quickly it arrived at the house!

This is the third OWH sponsor with whom I've done business. I've also ordered from ODBD and Heinrich's. Each time, the service has been amazing  -- just amazing!

So, this is a big shout-out to these wonderful folks! I highly recommend purchasing products from OWH's fabulous partners.

Parting Thoughts

I have to get those retirement party, graduation, and 95th birthday cards made this weekend. The celebrations are next weekend! So, wish me luck!

Oh, and hubby and I have our second must-do garage sale tomorrow. So, wish me double luck. There's no telling what we might find. :)

Have a great weekend!  Happy scrappin'!


No comments: