Sunday, December 1, 2013

The True Soldier

Hi, everyone.

Hope you all had a lovely Thanksgiving celebration with family and loved ones.

Seems like forever since I've made a traditional Any Hero card. Missed quite a bit of October due to some traveling, and made Any Hero holiday cards in November.

The inspiration for today's card came from OWH Sketch #201 and Donna's wonderful sample card. Since this is an Any Hero card that doesn't require mailbox-to-mailbox delivery, I went with two thick ribbons and double thick foam adhesives.

Bo Bunny Anthem; Distress Ink core
sentiment (Stamper's Best??? Unity???), heat embossed in Distress Ink core
Paper Smooches ribbons; Paper Studio brads
Tombow adhesives


The only deviation from the sketch was the horizontal strip. Since I went with ribbon that was only 1.5 inches thick, I changed the layout slightly to accommodate the narrower ribbon.

I love the sentiment on the stamp, which I picked up during OWH's Birthday Bash month. But, for the life of me, I can't remember who made it.

Parting Thoughts

Hoping to get a start on some OWH Valentines.

Thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'! Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

4 comments:

Kristie said...

That is a wonderful sentiment. Sorry, I'm not sure who makes it either. I love the wood paper with the brads in the corners like nails. And the layered ribbon is perfect for the sketch. Great job!

Donna Hanley said...

Sybrina, This card is fabulous. I don't think I've seen that sentiment before. It is remarkably true. Love it. Thanks for the shout on. Enjoy the upcoming week.

Linda said...

Nice card...love those papers and the sentiment! tfs!!!

Marlene Diefendorf said...

This turned out beautiful Sybrina! Love that stamp on what looks like old clapboard. I bought this stamp at the same time from Unity. Thanks for playing!