Thursday, December 12, 2013

3 Little Hearts, Lots of Love

Hi, everyone.

A quick post for a love card inspired by this week's OWH Midweek Throwdown to make a non-Valentine love card.

Distress Ink core paper; EK 3-heart punch
Celebrate It! ribbon; Glossy Accents; gems
Tombow adhesives

Kept this one simple... maybe too simple. After I had attached the ribbon and adhered the 3 hearts, I was really thinking the card needed more... and wishing I had done some embossing. So, I added a layer of glossy-accented hearts. Then I decided to add a little more bling.

I kept hearing Paula's bootcamp instructions on this one -- adding a third (10%) color of blue that was not in the original plans, giving great care when it came to the placement of the hearts, and really contemplating whether to add the gems. Thanks, Paula!

Hope it brings a big smile to a loved one's face. Think this one could even go to a tweener or teen.  :)

Thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!

2 comments:

Erika said...

I love those hearts with the glossy accents. The simplicity of this card makes it so pretty!

BobbisTreasure said...

Love the added bling!!