Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Much Obliged

Hi everyone,

As our big project at work is coming to a close, I thought I'd share a thank you card that I made for a couple of new team members to commemorate the completion of their first book.

Marsha's adorable little cowboy
The inspiration for this card came from one of Marsha's Top Ten of 2012 cards -- an adorable little cowboy that I featured in an earlier post. For reasons that will remain known only to the team, a cowboy theme was appropriate for these thank you cards. :)

I apologize in advance for not being sure of the all of the materials used. My list of supplies went missing -- and my brain's been gone for a while now!


dp: BasicGrey vanilla bean and stash; cardstock: Distress Ink core???
embellishments: garage sale brads, drug store string; tool: the Paper Studio star punch
computer-generated sentiment

I did an Internet search for cowboy lingo. The inside sentiment read, "... you did a powerful bang-up job, and we're much obliged!"

I'd love to know the color theory that makes this card work. It's definitely not monochromatic nor analagous. But, it doesn't seem to be truly complementary either.  Hmmm...

Parting Thoughts

Hope I have the stamina tonight to work on a card featuring the colors in Ohio's state flag for this week's Midweek Throwdown color challenge. But, pardners, I'm feeling mighty tired this evening. :)

Much obliged that you stopped by and wish you some powerful scrappin'!

No comments: