Today's Any Hero Card is a pretty loose interpretation of OWH Sketch #158, although it didn't start out that way. I swear I tried to follow the sketch. :)
|navy dp: Bo Bunny Liberty, red cardstock: Bazzill watermelon, white cardstock: stash; jute|
star punches: Martha Stewart and The Paper Studio; hole punch: EK Success
- At first sight, the sketch seemed to be begging for a navy background with a vertical strip of jute topped with a white rectangle -- making the jute piece a little larger than shown on the sketch.
- Next, I punched the big star in the white strip and placed a strip of red cardstock behind it. However, when I put these elements together, the card seemed a little too plain -- especially when the pieces were centered as shown in the sketch.
- To add additional interest, I placed the three red strips across the card. I toyed with the idea of adding a strip of something -- cardstock, border sticker, or twine -- across the bottom but eventually decided against it. I wasn't able to find just the right element to add.
- I also tinkered with the placement of the jute and white strip and finally decided to place them a little right and a little lower than shown on the sketch.
- Next, I punched out a couple of the smaller stars -- using the smallest punch I had. When I placed a couple of smaller stars next to the large star, I decided one was enough and chose to place a pair of stars to the left of the white strip to counterbalance the strip's location.
- Finally, I punched out tiny circles to place on the stars to add a few accents of red to the white stars and of blue to the red stars.
- Oh, and by the way, this one received hubby's seal of approval. :)
I had a chance to put some thoughts on paper for the Mother's Day card idea I mentioned in my last post. It might turn out to be really, really cute. Crossing my fingers and getting out the cardstock. :)
Have a great week! Thanks for visiting and happy scrappin'!