Saturday, September 7, 2013

Getting an A.... Priceless!

Hi, everyone.

The card below was inspired by this week's CAS-ual Fridays challenge to make a back-to-school themed card. Since I spent 24 years teaching high school math, back to school has a special meaning to me. My mind went from some stash number-themed dp to school shopping... to school supply shopping... to a series of credit card commercials from a few years back.

Yep, getting an A on a math test... PRICELESS!

dp: stash kimemories Go Figure; Distress Ink core; dark brown: Bazzill or AC
Really Reasonable Ribbon (September ribbon)
original sentiment, computer-generated (Andy) on watercolor paper
inking in Distress Ink

I soooo loved this month's selection of Really Reasonable Ribbon ribbons, I had to use at least one on this back-to-school card. (I decided to pair up ribbons so the leaves would really pop off of the brownish-red base ribbon.) I then chose the Distress Ink core papers based on the leaves' colors.

As always, thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!

3 comments:

Kelly Griglione said...

What a great theme for your back-to-school card!! Whoever thought of that advertising campaign is a genius ... I hope they were rewarded well. I made a scrapbook layout with that theme 7-8 years ago. Timeless! Thanks for joining the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

Jingle said...

What a cute idea! Very fun card! Thank you so much for playing along with us over at CAS-ual Fridays!

Jocelyn Olson said...

What a clever card! I love the sentiment. :) Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!