Friday, November 18, 2011

My First Craft Show

By day -- and some nights, I am a math content editor for a text book publisher. At our office, the Activities Committee holds an annual Holiday Bazaar for employees and their family and friends. This year, the bazaar is on December 1 and monies raised from table rentals benefit a canine rescue group.

I've decided to dip my toes into the craft bazaar world. So, after making OWH Christmas cards and before starting OWH Valentine cards, I've been busy making cards for the craft show. My goal is to raise money for OWH -- donating part of my profits for shipping and using the rest to purchase adhesives for 2012 cards.

My intent was to have holiday cards that would appeal to three distinct groups: kid-oriented, artistic, and traditional. A friend encouraged me to include a non-holiday, generic card -- which explains the birthday/celebration cards. The following are sample cards that I will be selling:

 
For the Kids-at-Heart: A Snag 'Em Stamps
baby Rudolph on paper from 
3 Bugs in a Rug Deck the Halls collection,
with a red stickled nose and collar and a shimmery ribbon.

For the Artistic Folks: An embossed ornament 
detailed with metallic curves and icicle stickles
with a heat embossed sentiment and ribbon
on DCWV Christmas Winter Combo cardstock matstack.

For the Traditional Folks: A punched-out whimsical tree
on cardstock, which is placed on
Bo Bunny Father Christmas Collection Paper --
with a few brads for added shimmer/dimension/texture.


Birthday/Celebration Card for Kids

Birthday/Celebration Card on paper from
Bo Bunny Snowfall Collection

Parisian-inspired
Birthday/Anniversary/Celebration Card
from DCWV All Dressed Up matstack

So, wish me luck. More details to follow.

No comments: