Sunday, August 11, 2013

Stars and Stripes in Red, Blue, and Kraft

Hi, everyone.

Hope everyone is enjoying a great weekend.

Today's Any Hero card was inspired by OWH Sketch #185. I really am partial to CAS cards. So, today's sketch was right up my alley.  :)


Distress Ink core paper, embossed/crimped and lightly sanded
Darice and Sizzix embossing folders
Fiskars and Paper Studio star punches; garage sale brad
Creative Memories circle cutting system

I took liberties with the square element in the bottom right of the sketch. I immediately knew this was going to be a star, and probably a star in a circle. My first circle was smaller, with a diameter closer to the width of the square in the sketch. But, the larger star seemed to be crying out for a larger circle.

Parting Thoughts

Hoping to work on a few Christmas cards this afternoon.

Have a great week. As always, thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!

2 comments:

Cheryl A. said...

Great Hero card, I love the circle and the star too! Nice job!

Erika said...

This is such a nice design with the mini stars and the large star as an embellishment!