Sunday, December 29, 2013

A 2 for 1 Day

Hi, everyone.

I so loved today's sketch that I made a general sentiment card in addition to my normal Sunday-sketch Any Hero card. Both cards share the same palette. In addition, I used the same paper for both backgrounds, but used two types of embossing for the top and bottom portions on both cards.

Paper Smooches (Group Hugs) sentiment on watercolor paper, heat embossed in Distress Ink
Distress Ink core paper; Bazzill black; Sizzix embossing folders
Really Reasonable Ribbon; Tombow foam adhesives
Spellbinders Nestabillities; Creative Memories circle cutting system

Deep Red cling stamps (designed by Sandy), heat embossed in SU white powder
Distress Ink core paper, Bazzill black; Paper Smooches ribbon
Cuttlebug and Sizzix embossing folders; Tombow foam adhesives

Thought the first card might be sent from a daddy to his little (tweener) girl back home. Or, maybe it might be sent from one of our female troops to a girlfriend needing a pick-me-up from a good friend.

I took a few liberties with the second card, but stayed with the spirit of the sketch. It is a little atypical for me to make an Any Hero card using nontraditional (non-patriotic) colors, but I like the result.
Parting Thoughts

Looking forward to the Top 13 of 2013 OWH Bloghop on Wednesday.

Also looking forward to a new challenge blog that Bobbi (of Bobbi's Treasure) and I are starting on Wednesday.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend. As always, thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!

8 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

These are two fabulous cards. I see we both used different types of embossing. GMTA I guess. Love the color scheme on your cards today. Soft and serene looking. I did not know you and Bobbi are starting a blog. I will look for it. Yay for you. Happy New Year.

Annie S. said...

OMG! Love this card and the papers...especially the cheetah(?) print. TFS!

Linda said...

Lucky you on your new venture. Two great cards...love the embossing mix! tfs!!!

Cissy M said...

I really like the colors you used today. Both cards are lovely and I look forward to hearing more about the new challenge blog. Thanks for sharing!

Diane said...

I love both cards- the colors are wonderful! Ohhh- a new challenge blog- awesome- I will be sure to check it out! Have a great and happy New Year!

Sherry Hickey said...

Two fab cards, Sybrina! Great ideas for using this week's sketch; the animal print is so hip (do people still say that, lol)! Happy New Year!

Sherry Hickey said...

P.S. Can't wait to hear more about your and Bobbi's new challenge blog!

Donna Nuce said...

I love that ribbon on the first card. Very trendy! I have loaded your new challenge blog and your new blog into my Feedly so I won't miss any of your crafty goodness! Looking forward to the challenge blog.