Sunday, August 4, 2013

A Cupcake Fit for a Princess

Hi, everyone.

Back from an anniversary/birthday family celebration -- our 29th wedding anniversary and dad's 79th birthday. Getting in a little cardmaking while the men are taking recovery naps. :)

And, what's a celebration without a cupcake?

DCWV Sweet matstack, American Crafts brown cardstock
(cupcake papers heat embossed with clear powder)
Stampin' Up! cupcake builder punch
OWH fundraiser ribbon: Martha Stewart sticker gem

The card above was made for this month's OWH Our Daily Bread Design challenge to make a card featuring pink, green, and brown. I have to admit I was first stumped by this since my thoughts have turned to autumn and Christmas palettes. So, the pink really through me for a loop. Then, I remembered this sweet collection of DCWV papers. :)

card with added Stampin' Up! brads
I like the overall look of the card. I'm just a tad ambivalent about the green in the ribbon and the green in the paper. In some lights, they look great together... and, in other lights, not quite a perfect match. Hope they match well enough. Think I need to add a few sprinkles (aka brads) to the icing.

This is the second straight card I've made from my OWH ribbon fundraiser package. All of these ribbons are quite nice. Hoping I can find a good use for all of them.

Just a quick note about the glitter. It is baked into this DCWV paper and seems to be passing the sweater test just fine. DCWV seems to make really quality glittered paper, but that's always a good thing to check before sending in the cards.


Parting Thoughts

Hoping to get time to work on a card for today's sketch. But, that might have to wait a day or two.

Have a great week! Thanks for visiting and happy scrappin'!

1 comment:

Carol L said...

Great use of the challenge colors, and the flourish on the pink panel looks so pretty! NJ!