Wednesday, August 28, 2013

A Thank You Fit for a Man

Hi, everyone.

Today was Jan's last post as OWH's Midweek Throwdown Hostess. It's pretty appropriate that today's challenge is a thank you because that's what all of us want to say to Jan.

Since I missed out on the Facebook post about making a masculine friend card, I thought I'd make up for it making a masculine thank you card for today's challenge.

dp: Jillibean Fresh Vegetable Soup (mushroom)
cardstock: browns: AC and/or Bazzill; almond cream: Bazzill
sentiment heat embossed in Distress Ink walnut stain
recycled raffia from ??? that will pull right off

I'm working on an invitation to my father-in-law's 90th birthday party. (More on that in a future post!)  The materials for those invitations are still strewn all over our dining room table. So, I replicated the invitation fold (a 12" by 4.25" card that is scored and folded at 3.25" at either end), stamped the sentiment -- surprisingly getting a "good" stamped image on my first attempt, taped on the dp, and tied on a scrap ribbon. Voila! This had to be the quickest card I've made in a long time since all of the heavy lifting went into designing the party invitations.

Parting Thoughts

Looking forward to this weekend's VCMP.

One last shout out to Jan. Thanks, Jan! All the best in your new ventures.

3 comments:

SusanS said...

Oooo! Really love the textures on your card! Great one!

nancy y said...

Great masculine looking card! I like your gate fold idea. I just finished making 130 invites for my daughters wedding, whew!

Unknown said...

Love that dp with rafia. Really super masculine design.

hugs--
Roberta
Queen Bee Paper Crafts