Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Tuesday Tutorial

Hi everyone,

If you've come from OWH's Tuesday Tutorial, welcome!

Nancy's Weekly Tutorials 

A couple of weeks ago, Nancy contacted me about featuring a couple of my cards on OWH's weekly tutorial. Frankly, I was stunned. Week after week, Nancy's tutorials feature great techniques, like this tutorial on Kathryn's adorable Santa card, that produce fabulous cards. My little technique seems to pale by comparison. 

The Featured Cards

Nonetheless, I was really pleased by the way these two cards turned out. If you're interested in details about the making of these cards, please click here to view the cards' original post. As mentioned in the earlier post, both cards were inspired by one of OWH's weekly sketches.



It turns out that Close to My Heart calls the technique used "first, second, and third generation stamping". That sounds so much more official than my "ghost images" reference!

Parting Thoughts

As always, thanks for stopping by. And thanks, Nancy, for the invitation to feature these cards on the Stars and Stamp blog.

Happy scrappin' to all!

5 comments:

Renee V said...

I am so excited to try this out, thanks for sharing!

Sophie LaFontaine said...

Your cards are really cool!! I love the ones with the racecar and the butterfly!! Great ideas for shadow stamping!!

conil said...

Your "ghosting" technique is fantastic. Love how it gives the illusion of movement. I'm going to try it today.

Lynn said...

Neat tutorial. I love that CTMH stamp set you used. I've done this with the butterfly but I'll have to give the chevron stripes a try with this technique. TFS

Paula S. said...

Very nice samples for this week's OWH tutorial! Not only is it great to learn new techniques but it really helps sometimes to see ones you've seen before used in new ways or just as a reminder of how they are done.