Sunday, August 12, 2012

Three's the Charm

Hi everyone,

Hope it's been a good weekend. I have three cards to share.

Before that, I'm happy to say that sandybear76 is the winner of the $25 gift card. Congrats, Sandy! Please e-mail me about which card you'd prefer. (Actually, if you'd like a gift certificate from Scrapbook Art instead, I think we can work something out. :)


Paper: We R Memory Keepers (Red, White and Blue), Creative Memories?, stash cardstock; gems; star punches
What a great sketch!  This was an Any Hero card that came together pretty quickly.
 

My Momenta  gel stickers, which were a great garage sale find

I almost feel guilty about posting this one because these stickers are just so darn cute that the card practically made itself. This week's challenge asked for a card for a child. I found these great gel stickers at a scrapbook garage sale and had been waiting for the perfect opportunity to use some of them. :)  To bring them together on the card -- and to pop them off the cardstock -- I matted them on white cardstock. Finally, I added a white liner on the inside.


Paper: Bo Bunny Liberty and stash cardstock; Paper Inspirations Hero stamp, embossed in Distress Ink Vintage Photo; Cuttlebug embossing folder; garage sale brads; Stickles

This week's CAS-ual Friday challenge was to make a square card. I almost passed since OWH asks for A2 cards. Then, I remembered Sandy saying that square cards could make wonderful Any Hero cards. And, I finally had a chance to use my newest stamp. :)

Parting Thoughts

 Chances are I'll be publishing a few Stars and Stamps post in the next month or so. Other than that, I'm not sure how much blogging I'll have a chance to do. Sounds like work's going to be even crazier the next few months -- and I didn't think that was even possible.

So, I'll still be checking challenges and making cards, but I'm sad to say my blogging and posting opportunities are going to be rather limited.

As always, thanks for stopping by. Have a great week and happy scrappin'!

11 comments:

Sarah said...

Great cards-- love the robot-- a kid is definitely gonna love that cutie!

Jen M said...

Great sketch card! I like your kid card, too. How fun!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Wow these are fabulous cards, the first one is a real eye catcher!

Thanks for playing in our Operation Write Home Midweek Throwdown challenge!

Linda said...

Love the simplicity of the first card...great theme on the last two! TFS!!!

sandybear76 said...

Cute cards!!.

Oh, boy!! Thanks for the gift card!! Scrapbook Art would be fine. :)

Julie said...

Cute cards, Sybrina! Love the rhinestones in the centers of the stars for your sketch card. Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

Jenny said...

Your Hero card is awesome...I love the gold rub over the embossed stars, perfect bkgd :0)
Thank you for playing along wth us at CASual Fridays :0)
Jenny x

Anonymous said...

Great sentiment for a great cause! Love the sentiment done in gold :) Thanks for playing this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Valerie said...

these are great cards!

Carolynn said...

Hi Sybrina, I'm so glad OWH Sketch #133 came together for you quickly-- fabulous card! I made the samples, but it took me awhile (it was a real challenge for me!) Thanks for all you do for Operation Write Home. Hugs to you, Carol

sandybear76 said...

Sybrina, thanks again for the prize to Scrapbook Art. I did a post with pictures on my blog. I had a great time stamping and embossing last night. Thanks again!!!!!!!!!!!