Sunday, August 19, 2012

OWH Midweek Throwdown: Kraft plus color

Hi everyone,

This week's challenge is to create a card using kraft cardstock and at least one other color. I'm so excited about the card I have to share. The card itself is cute, but the story behind it is even better!

 Pizazz It!

Those of you who have read past posts know how much I loved Pizazz It!  Pizazz It! was a wonderful LSS right in my own hometown. One of my favorite things was the monthly card club, taught by Karla during the day and Tiffany in the evening.

Sadly, Pizazz It! is no longer a brick-and-mortar store. But, it has maintained an online presence. Moreover, Tiffany has found a wonderful way to continue card club.  She has put together kits containing everything you need to make a set of 8 really cute cards (6-by-6 pad of paper, directions for all 8 cards, card bases, embellishments, and color sentiments printed on heavy duty cardstock).

Today's Card

All of this month's cards are from Jillibean's Dutch Mustard Soup collection. :)


Two things to note:

1) I'm counting the corrugated heart as my kraft portion of the challenge. That'll be our little secret. :)
2) I moved the sentiment up a little from Tiffany's directions -- and kind of wishing I hadn't.

If you're looking for a nice autumn card kit, check out Pizazz It!'s Dutch Mustard kit. The paper is lovely and Tiffany's cards are so cute!

Parting Thought

Have a great week. Thanks for stopping by and happy scrappin'!

No comments: