Monday, February 20, 2012

OWH Midweek Color Challenge

This week OWH posed a color challenge to make a card using green, blue, kraft/tan.

So yesterday, when I was making tone-on-tone cards from pastel cardstock for Mother's Day, I decided to make the same card using a blue and green printed paper.

Paper: KaiserCraft's Konstrukt collection
Punch: Martha Stewart punch-around-the-page butterfly
Embossed Border: Hero Arts Large Fabric Design stamp
Embossed Sentiment: 2000 Stampin' Up!
Butterfly Accents: gold gel pen and gold stickles

Technically, this card is green, blue, and gold. I hope all will forgive me as this was the closest I could come in the Mother's Day assembly line going on in my craft room yesterday. :)

A couple of points worth noting:
  • Tone-on tone and masking ideas came from the recent CAS Online Card Class
  • I lightly pressed a rectangular strip of paper into the embossing pad -- embossing the paper before punching out the butterfly.
  • And, interestingly enough, I purchased this paper to make OWH Father's Day cards.
I never would have thought to heat emboss on printed paper before this challenge. It's an interesting result. And, I must say, the embossing and stickling really lose something in the JPG.

Well, off to finish up Mother's Day cards from yesterday.
Happy scrappin' to all!

2 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

Very pretty colors.

Lee Mae said...

Hi Sybrina! Your card is really pretty and I love the embossing and the butterfly. (I can sympathize with the JPG not showing how pretty a card can be since I just ran into that myself and also how challenges can really disrupt the flow of other ideas being created!) Thanks for playing in our Midweek Throwdown Challenge at Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps!
~Lee Mae
Operation Write Home
MWT Assistant