Monday, February 27, 2012

Monday Musings

Blog News

Hi, everyone,

I'm going to try posting on Mondays and Fridays -- Monday Musings and Friday Night Writes -- for a couple of weeks and see how that goes. So, welcome to the debut of Monday Musings.

OWH Sketch #110

I used remnants of my favorite patriotic paper for this week's Any Hero card. The layout is pretty true to this week's sketch, although I changed the rectangle dimensions to better fit the digi stamp. And, I rotated the sketch to fit with my pre-written Any Hero message.

This card came pretty quickly and seemed to turn out pretty well.



A New Twist on an Old Favorite

The stamp for the following OWH Mother's Day card was a Hampton Arts find in the Michael's $ bin. And, I've had the animal print paper since I don't know when. Nevertheless, this paper seemed to go perfectly with the shoe.


Heat embossed with clear powder over Ranger Distress Ink!
Stamp: Hampton Arts; Sentiment: Computer-Generated

What I love about the card is the image is embossed with clear powder over a Ranger Distress Ink. Did you know that you could do that? Well, I heard it was possible and got it to work! (When heating the image, it looks wet and bubbled up when it's done.)

A Card for a Friend

The following card is going to a friend in our workplace book club. She loaned me a fabulous book, The Book Thief, so many months ago -- and I finally got around to reading it. This card seemed perfect to thank her for letting me explore little Liesel's world.


One of my first ever cards -- waiting for the right moment.
Paper: Kaiser Secret Bird Society
News from the Homestead

Sound the alarm, call Brian Williams, and take an ad out in the paper... or send a tweat, text a friend, and publish a blog post.

Either way, the big news is that hubby and I entered the 21st century and purchased our first digital camera this weekend. Who knows what doors that will open?!


Think that's it for the first Monday Musings.  Thanks for stopping by and happy scrappin'!

7 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

Sybrina, All of these cards are fabulous. I especially like the Any Hero Card. That paper is so very nice. I wish I had some of that.

Julie said...

Great cards, Sybrina! I love the gold stars on your sketch card - perfect with that digi! Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

Cynthia T said...

Congrats on your digital camera purchase! You won't miss buying, loading, and running out of film, believe me. The owh sketch card is wonderful! The stars are so large and showy and the sentiment is perfect ;) I have a shoe-loving friend who would like to receive the 2nd card, and the last card has a filmy, shimmery touch. Love 'em all.

Bernardine Cuttino said...

I love your new twist. very nice. Great job.

Holly Iossa (Homeschool Homestead) said...

Like all the layers on all the cards. So very pretty. I think the last one is my favorite.

Unknown said...

Your cards are beautiful. I especially love your Any Hero card! I am becoming very partial to them since my son leaves for Army Basic Training on Sunday.
hugs,
Ellen

Unknown said...

You are going to LOVE that digital camera! What a a great batch of cards.