Sunday, December 2, 2012

Stars of Liberty, Tweet Love, and BOPPERS

Hi everyone,

Hope everyone's had a nice weekend. I've managed a nice work-life balance, which is unusual for me. :)

I have two cards and a craft show update to share.

Stars of Liberty and Tweet Love

I stopped by my favorite LSS, Scrapbook Art, to check out the Black Friday specials. And, I found a wonderful Bo Bunny package filled with Liberty, Crazy Love, and Blast Off! goodies. Often times, these grab bags have some good things, but others not so good. But, this was the perfect grab bag!  Not only was there a 6 by 6 pad of Liberty paper and embellishments, the package was also filled with tons and tons of love and kid themed papers, chipboard, brads, and transfers!!! It was the perfect package for OWH card-making!  Thanks, Terri!  :)

The cards below were made from this great find and inspired by today's Stars and Stamps sketch.

Bo Bunny Liberty paper and layered chipboard
Techniques: crimping, distressing, and inking
Bo Bunny Crazy Love paper and chipboard
Technique: crimping
The chipboard on the first card has that baked-in glitter that seems to be really, really well set. Since, it's triple layered, I thought it would be perfect for an Any Hero card. As far as the sketch is concerned, I went with the chipboard's multiple circles instead of one big one because I just couldn't resist this embellishment. :) In addition, my square is a little larger than the sketch to accommodate the chipboard.

For the second card, I cut out the square from a 12-by-12 piece of patterned paper. Since the image was soooo cute, I left off the big circle and added a few chipboard embellishments.

Craft Show Update

I'm hoping to make a few more cards during the second NFL game. But, everything is set and ready to go -- signage is made, cards are boxed up, ...

In addition to cards, I'm selling {gift} Bag Toppers, aka BOPPERS. If you want to read a little more about these, check out my last post. I'll try to blog about the process for making these adorable little guys next weekend. :)

Think that's about it for now. Thanks for stopping by and happy scrappin'!


7 comments:

Diane said...

I have that Liberty paper pad- and you just gave me the inspiration to use it again! I like both of your cards! And your boppers are so very cool- great idea! TFS

Donna Hanley said...

Very unique card this week. Love the both and I also are quite fond of your Boppers. I hope you do terrific at your craft show.

www.hokiecoyote.com said...

Very cute cards. I love your combination of circles on the first card.

JoAnn Ross said...

I like how you changed up the sketch with the multiple circles. And that's one of my favorite patriotic paper pads. The pink bird card is flat out adorable!

Ronni Unger said...

Your card is absolutely wonderful!!!!Thank you so very much for sharing your card!

BobbisTreasure said...

Great grab bag finds! And you used them in such a fun way. TFS!

Linda said...

Nice cards! Tfs!!!