Saturday, September 1, 2012

OWH VCMP: Day 1

Hi everyone,

Isn't OWH's card-making party great fun?!  Thanks to our hostesses for such creative challenges and such nice sample cards.

Here are cards for the first 3 challenges:

Challenge 1: A Card with a Scripture Verse or an Inspirational Message

Bo Bunny Snowfall; computer-generated font; border punch and circle templates; Stickles


This challenge was brought to us by the wonderful folks at ODBD.  :)

Challenge 2: A Recipe Card

In this case, the recipe was to make a card with 1 image, 2 papers, and 3 words. 

Jillibean Dutch Mustard Soup, Distress Ink Core Paper; sentiment from Whipper Snapper Designs, stamped and heat embossed with  Distress Ink Dusty Concord; border punch; s.e.i Happy Day die-cut adhered with pop dots
Hope I didn't cheat using the solid color cardstock. Oh, well, it's the thought that counts -- right?

The scan seems to have distorted the color of the cupcake. It actually goes really well with the paper -- much better than it appears here.

Challenge 3: Make a non-Christmas Snowflake Card

Moxxie Winterland, stash cardstock; snowflake punches, border punch; Stickles
I was so happy when I saw this challenge because I picked up luxurious paper at Scrapbook Art this week and have been really excited to use it. Went with another one of the little pocket cards I love so much. (They come together so quickly and look so darned cute!)

Wish the scan would've shown the stickling on the snowflakes. It really helps pop the flakes.

Think I'll use a little darker cardstock for the top for my next batch of Moxxie Winterland cards.

Challenge 4: Triple Stamping Techniques

stash cardstock; Hero Arts stamp in Stampin' Up Bordering Blue and Classic Navy; tulle; Midnight Blue Stickles

This technique was too pretty to not try. But, I changed it up just a bit. I decided to actually stamp three times -- applying the ghosting (first generation, second generation, third generation) technique in last week's Tuesday Tutorial.  The center of the snowflake in the bottom left corner was stamped in a darker blue, popped using several layers of cardstock, and stickled in the middle. I'm toying with adding some Icicle Stickles -- either to just the bottom left snowflake or to a few other snowflakes as well. 

What a cool effect. And, definitely something I would never have come up with on my own. Very cool, indeed!
 
Parting Thoughts

My how my stack for OWH has grown!  :)

Can't wait to see what Day 2 holds!

Until then, happy scrappin'!

7 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

WOW you are doing great keeping up with the challenges. I just could not join in today, but hopefully tomorrow.

Jen M said...

Nice cards!

Marilyn's Cricut Crafts said...

All your cards and great! I stumbled on the triple stamp challenge too and had to "cheat" :-)

BobbisTreasure said...

Great cards!! Love the colors on the yellow cupcake card!

Shiles728 said...

Sabrina, great job on all your cards! I really like your triple time stamping, beautiful!

Donna said...

Thank you for playing along on the VCMP! Your Triple Time card is lovely!

Cherie said...

Your cards are great, Sybrina, but I'm partial to the recipe one! I like how you used the punch on the bottom papers. Thanks for playing along!