Sunday, July 8, 2012

OWH Challenge Cards

Hi, everyone,

I am so excited that I found time this weekend to make two OWH cards -- the first for the Midweek Throwdown and the second for today's sketch challenge.


Midweek Throwdown: A Happy Anniversary Love Card

Okay, I cheated a little bit on this one since I didn't have a Happy Anniversary stamp. But, I love the way the card turned out. I'd certainly be happy to receive it from hubby for our anniversary!

The base card, the chipboard heart embellishment, and the "Love You" and clock hand rub-on transfers came from Bo Bunny's Father Christmas card kit.

Bo Bunny Father Time paper and card making set; garage sale brad

OWH Sketch #128: An Any Hero Card

I cheated on this one, too. Shocking, I know! 

When I saw the sketch, I wanted to use the heart stamp from my new Sweet Stamp Shop God Bless America collection. When the stamped heart turned out a little larger than the sketch's heart embellishment, I thought about going with a few less hearts. But, I really liked the look of the 5 hearts. So, the sizing and spacing are a little different from the sketch, but the basic sketch is the same. [That's my story, and I'm sticking to it! :)]

Bo Bunny Liberty, Bazzill watermelon and admiral; Sweet Stamp Shop image and sentiment; embossing and heat embossing; garage sale brad

In addition to using my new stamp set, I also used my newest embossing folder -- Swiss Dot from Cuttlebug. Accentuating the dots with a gold gel pen was just the final touch this little card needed. I'm hoping one of our heroes will be pleased to receive this patriotic thank you from a grateful American.

Parting Thoughts

I'm looking forward to the day when work slows down enough to allow for:
  • making more cards,
  • leaving comments for my fellow OWHers, and
  • visiting CAS-ual Fridays and Mojo Mondays.
Until then, thanks for your continued support. I really appreciate your visits. Happy scrappin'!

10 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

Sybrina, I love this card. I'm away from home and have very few supplies with me, but what I did have was punched out hearts. I was leery about using them, but after seeing your card, I'm sorry I didn't go ahead and use them. You made them fit nicely and they look great. Enjoy your week.

Jen M said...

Your love card is soooo pretty! Great job. ;)

Margaret said...

Very patriotic looking card. I think the sketch is only for a starter idea. It's okay that your stars are bigger than the ones on the sketch.

Linda said...

Sybrina...Great cards! Love the colors on the first. I bet the second really pops! TFS!!!

Erika said...

I'm with your parting thoughts! Wish I could do the same. Your cards are great and I'm sure the AnyHero cards will be much appreciated. I loved how you made the sketch your own.

Desert Rose Stamper said...

Sybrina - I like how you added the gold touch to the embossing. This is a perfect hero card. I like your new stamp set too. TFS

Sharon

Unknown said...

Great AnyHero card! I love both of them but I always love AnyHero cards. The hearts are adorable with the Stars and Stripes.

Julie said...

Lovely card, Sybrina! Don't worry about meeting the exact sketch guidelines - sketches are meant to inspire you, that's all! Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

JoAnn Ross said...

I LOVE that first card and how clever to use a clock hand as a pointer. I must remember that! As for this Sunday's challenge card, I hardly ever have exactly the same sizes as the samples, and that Swiss dots folder is the one I use the most, so I really like how it turned out!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

It's perfect! I couldn't find any Happy Anniversary stamps in my stash either :)

Thanks for playing in our Midweek Throwdown challenge at Operation Write Home Stars & Stamps!