Monday, November 25, 2013

A Question or Two for fellow Craft Show Vendors

Hi, everyone.

First of all, many thanks to those of you who left comments for Christmases of Days Gone By. And, it was so great to see fellow card makers from Curtain Call. It was my first time to visit the Curtain Call blog, and I have a feeling it isn't going to be my last.

Craft Show Follow-Up

Okay, so last Wednesday was the craft show at work, selling handmade cards to raise money for my OWH hobby. (Or, maybe I should say obsession.)  :)

I think I did a little better than last year, but not as well as my first year. The quality has certainly improved as my card making skills have gotten better, and I received tons of compliments. In spite of new-and-improved designs, I'm still charging the same amount -- $4 each or 3 for $10 -- which seems reasonable. 
 
But, it's starting to feel like more and more folks are leaning more towards photo cards than traditional holiday cards. Seems like Shutterfly and Vista Print are everywhere. Interestingly enough, a coworker told me that mine was the only real Christmas card she received last year, with everyone else sending photo cards.

So, for those of you who sell, or have sold, cards at craft shows:
  • Have you noticed a decrease in the number of people who purchase cards?
  • Is there a paper craft that sells better -- maybe like gift tags?

Hubby and I are selling at one more show in December. We'll see how that goes. Most importantly, I'm spreading the word about OWH to lots and lots of people!!!!

Nonetheless, I'd really like to maximize profits... So, I'm open to suggestions. :)

Parting Thoughts

Thanks again for the lovely feedback about Christmases of Days Gone By. Now back to that slightly-less-messy craft room.

Thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!

No comments: