Monday, June 17, 2013

Red, White, Blue, and Kraft

Hi, everyone.

Trying my best to make and post cards between family get-togethers and excursions. So many fun things to do, so little time. :)

The Any Hero card below was made for OWH Sketch #177.

We R Memory Keepers Red, White & Blue dp
tan cardstock: Distress Ink core; turquoise cardstock: AC
all other cardstock: Bazzill, including admiral and watermelon
Sizzix embossing folder; Stampin' Up! neutral brads
Fiskars and Paper Studio star punches, EK hole punch
Glossy Accents; Zots 3D glue dots






As you can see, I rotated the sketch 90 degrees. This was originally done to use a horizontal sentiment. After I chose not to use a sentiment, the dp was already taped down -- taped down REALLY well. Since I liked the vertical direction of the pattern, I chose to stay with the rotated orientation.

The other change was in the placement of the blue banner and white rectangle. It just felt right to center these when I was playing with final placements.

This was the second card on which I have used Glossy Accents -- using them to adhere and coat the three punched out circles for the centers of the stars. Still need some serious practice with this product, but I like the end results.Any imperfections/flaws are the sole responsibility of the user, not the product. :)

At first, I thought the layout seemed a little busier than my typical choices. However, I think the solid colors -- and use of stars instead of a sentiment -- helped give the card more of a CAS feel.

Parting Thoughts

Gotta go!  Time for another fun family function. :)

Have a great week! Thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!

6 comments:

Kathy said...

Great card. I like the changes you made to the layout. That narrow gold layer really works well on your card.

Cheryl A. said...

Great take on the sketch, I love how you just used stars, my favorite too!

Cynthia T said...

Glad you could squeeze out some time for a card between family fun! I like the red, white, and blue. It is so bold and patriotic with the stars that no sentiment is needed! Nice job :)

BobbisTreasure said...

The embossing adds a lot of interest and detail!

Small Talk Mama said...

Very cute card! I'm glad you rotated it -- I thought about it but didn't, but I think it looks great like that.

Donna Hanley said...

Love this card and it look great turned. I like the embossing and your stars. Great take on this sketch.