Sunday, October 28, 2012

from a grateful American

Hey everyone,

First of all, I hope this finds everyone on our east coast safe and sound. We have family in Norfolk and have been watching the weather maps regularly.

Today's Crafting News

I'm so excited! Not only did I make a significant dent in my craft show project --details in a blog-to-come, but I also had a chance to do an Any Hero card for this week's OWH sketch on the day it was posted! It seems like a long time since I've been able to say that.

Bo Bunny Liberty, jute, and a star punched from a kraft gift bag;
Sentiment: Stamper's Best stamped in Close to my Heart Night of Navy;
Gem: Hero Arts; Star Punches: Fiskars and the Paper Studio
I love the combo of navy and jute -- and it immediately came to my mind when I saw this week's sketch. I originally punched the larger star from a sheet of BasicGrey kraft paper. But, the color of the gift bag seemed a better match. And, I thought about trimming the left edge of the jute, but decided to go with this asymmetrical look. :)

Parting Thoughts

For those of you on the east coast, stay safe.

Thanks for visiting and happy scrappin'!

8 comments:

www.hokiecoyote.com said...

The jute is great. Wonderful card.

Linda said...

Very nice. Tfs!!!

BobbisTreasure said...

Love the texture and contrast that the jute adds - thanks for sharing!!!

Unknown said...

I love your card! The jute is such a cool addition! Prayers to your east coast family.

JoAnn Ross said...

I have that paper and have always liked it, but you really brought it up a level with that jute! Wonderful card!

Jen M said...

Very nice! Love the jute, it just adds so much great texture.

Lee Mae said...

Great Any Hero card. The jute gives a scrappy feel - I like the untrimmed left side. It's a little bit country and all Any Hero!

Julie said...

Very cute, Sybrina! Love those Bo Bunny papers! Thanks for joining us in this week's Operation Write Home Sketch Challenge!