Sunday, September 23, 2012

Season's Greetings

Hi everyone,

Hope everyone's had a good weekend.

I met a friend for a day of talking, eating, and shopping -- probably in that order -- yesterday and picked up a couple of yummy 6 by 6 pads of Christmas paper. Put one of those pads to use on the card below.

Authentique Festive; Hero Arts stamp, heat embossed in Distress Ink Vintage Photo; corner rounder, hole and ek border punches

Why is it that my cuts and paper placements always look so much straighter in my craft (aka menopause) room than on this computer monitor screen? Hmmm...

Anyway, love that the paper is two-sided. Love the designs in the collection. Thought the font of this sentiment felt right with the old-fashioned feel of the paper. And, I was pleased with the look achieved by applying  just a touch of Distress Ink to the top edge of the plaid paper.

I used OWH Sketch 139 for the design. (Since I don't have any brace/bracket dies, I went with a corner rounder for the top paper.) Also, I went with the red and green palette for this week's Midweek Throwdown Challenge.

Parting Thoughts

Hoping to make an Any Hero card using Sketch #139 this week. [In January, I resolved to make an Any Hero card for any OWH sketch I used during the year. Not quite as ambitious as Kathryn's resolution. But, a resolution I still want to keep. :) ]

And, I'm really looking forward to the card-making party at Scrapbook Art this coming Saturday. If you're interested in joining us and need some info, please click here.

4 comments:

Kathryn said...

Sybrina, I think your goal of making an Any Hero card for each sketch you use is admirable. I need to be more consistent about writing to our heroes.

Maybe your scanner is making the card elements look lopsided? Just a thought! Sometimes I can notice imperfections in my photos that I don't see in real life, either. That can be so frustrating!

I love the papers you used! I went shopping for new Christmas paper in stores yesterday and found nothing I liked. I suppose it's time to shop online.

Jen M said...

I too love that pretty paper! :) Good luck with your anyhero note goal - any goal is a good one. :)

Julie said...

Great card, Sybrina! I love the use of the notebook edge punch! Thanks for joining us in this week's OWH Stars & Stamps Sketch Challenge!

Linda said...

Love that paper! TFS!!!