Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Jean Scene

Hi, everyone,

This month's ODBD challenge is to make a card featuring "cool" colors, like blues and greens, and purples. This week's CAS-ual Fridays' challenge is to make a CAS card using text. And, I think the card below just might work for both challenges.

Core'dinations Vintage collection; Autumn Leaves die cut; garage sale brads; hand-drawn stitching; 3D glue dots

Actually more than just the brads came from a scrapbook garage sale. I picked up eight of the die cuts for about 6 cents each and two packs of Core paper for about twenty cents per sheet. Hmmm... Four cards from each sheet of paper equals one great deal for a few OWH cards!  [But, I'm thinking that I might put aside a couple die cuts to make similar cards for my nephew's 2013 birthday. :)  They're at an age where it's tough to make/find just the right card.]

I attached the paper to the card base with 3D dots. So, I covered the front of the card with Vintage Photo Distress Ink to prevent a plain white base from being visible at any angle.

Additional cards should be fairly easy to make because I traced the card bases and the paper using a template I made from corrugated cardstock.





Parting Thoughts

Just a quick post. Think that's about it for tonight.

Thanks for stopping by and happy scrappin'!

7 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

This is a wonderful card and I like your idea of using the Distress Ink on the white card stock. All around great card.

Chris said...

Hi Sybrina, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

Erika said...

I love that washed denim look. This is a great idea for a guy card. Good job!

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

This is a super cute and clever idea!!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS-ual Fridays! We're so glad you did!

Anonymous said...

Super cool! The brads are the perfect touch for this card.
So glad you joined us this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

Lisa A. said...

What a cool card...love the jean pocket...the brads are the PERFECT touch:)!! Thanks for being a part of the challenge this week at CAS-ual Fridays:)!!

Unknown said...

Terrific masculine card. Thanks for playing in the ODBD challenge this month!