Sunday, December 8, 2013

Pops of Red and Blue

Hi, everyone!

Hope the weather your way is not too bad. Watching the Lions-Eagles game and can't believe the conditions! Glad it's not anything like that in my menopause room. :)

Today's Any Hero card was inspired by OWH Sketch #202.

Authentique Pride; Bazzill admiral; Distress Ink antique linen
burlap/jute; Paper Smooches twine; SU brads
circles: Marvy punch, Paper Shaper punch, hand cutting
star punch: Paper Studio
mini glue dots, Tombow foam adhesives


There is a piece of Authentique paper behind the burlap, adhered with glue dots, to add a little more contrast against the neutral pattern paper. Other than that, gonna make this post short and sweet 'cause I've got some challenges to catch up on and some Valentine's Day cards to assemble. :)

Have a great week! Thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!

7 comments:

Donna Hanley said...

I love the look of this card, Sybrina. It has a nice vintage feel to it. I think I'm going to have to get some burlap as You've shown me that it makes a great addition to a card. Enjoy your evening.

Anonymous said...

I have football on the TV in my craft room and can't seem to get much crafting done. There have been some really good games today.

I love the texture and colors you used on your card. Really fabulous! Thanks for sharing!

Lee Mae said...

Love, love the burlap! Great idea. I have some burlap paper that I'm going to have to dig out of my pile and put to use! Terrific Any Hero card with lots of texture and color.

Linda said...

Nice card...the star really pops! tfs!!!

Sarah said...

Fab card! Love the strip of burlap to complete the sketch! So awesome!

Unknown said...

Love your continuing uses of burlap, just so cool and rustic, great for guy cards! I really love the star and circle combo, a big fav of mine! TFS!

Sherry Hickey said...

Love the rustic texture of this, Sybrina!