Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Say It with Legos

Hi, everyone,

Okay, making a legos card was not on my day's crafting to-do list when the day began. But, when I saw Julie's stinkin' cute card idea at this week's Tuesday Tutorial, well I just had to join in the fun. Thanks, Nancy and Julie, for such a fun idea for a cute kiddie card!

Distress Ink core paper and ink (chipped sapphire, barn door red, scattered straw)
Stampin Up! sponge daubers; white gel pen; Marvy circle punch; Tombow dimensional adhesives

Julie suggested stamping a sentiment on a separate sheet of paper and adhering it to the card. I decided to make the sentiment out of the legos.

My only regret is that I didn't have an embossing folder to create the lego base. So, I went with a larger piece of white cardstock.


Parting Thoughts

Thanks again to the OWH blog team for a great idea! (BTW: The math teacher/editor in me LOVED the fractions -- even though I just eyeballed my circles and rectangles!)

Have a great week. Thanks for stopping and happy scrappin'!

6 comments:

Marilyn's Cricut Crafts said...

Totally awesome that you turned your lego pieces into "HI". Great idea! ~ Marilyn

Unknown said...

So clever to make the sentiment out of Legos! Really inventive! Love it!

Julie said...

Oh I love that you spelled a word with the Legos! How creative! Your card came out super cute! And I knew I had some mathletes out there, lol :)

Anonymous said...

This is so, so cool!!! What a perfect card for a kid... or a grown up Lego lover, ha!

Nancy Keller said...

I love this... That you made the sentiment out of the blocks! So cute! :) thanks for sharing and playing along!! :)

Paula S. said...

Really cute and clever card Sybrina!